Information posted to the Site may not be protected by any federal or state confidentiality, privacy, or security laws, including the administrative simplification provision of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations ("HIPAA"). This site is not intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine or the practice of other health care services by American United Health. Use of the Site and the Services does not create a physician/patient, provider/patient, confidential, or privileged relationship, or any other relationship that would give rise to any duties on the part of American United Health
1. When you visit American United Health's website, American United Health will automatically collect non-personally identifiable information such as your IP addresses and your website usage information. To get free American United Health discounts, you will be asked to provide basic information about yourself via an online registration form that will request personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and related information. This information is maintained by American United Health.
2. Concerning cookies: American United Health uses a standard Internet technology called "cookies" in order to track and store visitor information. A cookie is a small file that can be automatically stored on your computer. Cookies allow American United Health to, among other things, count the number of unique visitors to our website and measure our traffic patterns, personalize each user's experience on the site, and make it easier for users to log back into the site. We also employ web beacons, which are invisible images that are sometimes called pixel tags or invisible GIFs, in an effort to recognize our users and understand our traffic patterns. We also may include web beacons and cookies in our email messages in an effort to ascertain the number of email messages have been opened and read.
4. Other: Certain other aspects of the American United Health website, including "send this link to a friend," or other features that serve the same functions, may additionally require American United Health to collect personally identifiable information, such as name and email address of both the sender and the recipient.
5. Third Party Ad Servers: Some advertisements and other services that appear on the American United Health site are delivered by Internet advertising networks. These companies use technologies including cookies to deliver advertisements and marketing and to collect anonymous information about your visit to our sites and other sites. If you would like more information about this kind of advertising or to opt out of having this information used by advertisers you can learn more at the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp
6. American United Health works hard to ensure the integrity of its data, so please be sure your information is up to date.
You may modify your information by American United Health at the following address:
American United Health
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, #190-633
Washington, DC 20004
or emailing American United Health at: email@example.com
1. Site Visitor Analysis: To make sure that the information that American United Health offers will match our visitors' needs, we can provide third parties with statistics about our customers, their site traffic patterns, and other related website information. This data reflects how our many of our visitors use the site, gathered for numerous visits by numerous visitors. What we share does not include behavioral, personal, or identifying information about any individual visitor, unless that visitor has given us permission to share that information.
2. Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to let you know about changes to the American United Health site, new services we are offering, and other information and offers we think you might find valuable.
3. Third Parties: We may share your information with other companies that might have products and services we believe would be of interest to you. These third parties may contact you as part of their marketing efforts.
We evaluate such companies to identify products and services that we believe will help or be of intrinsic interest to people who visit our site. We cannot and do not, however, make any representations about the practices and policies of these companies.
4. Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our web sites, sending email, fulfilling purchase requests, and serving, customizing or delivering marketing or ads. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. They do not have any independent right to use or disclose your information.
5. Affiliates. American United Health may share your information with our other businesses and affiliated companies. We may combine the information that we collect from you with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and sites, or information we collect from third parties.
6. Ads. Information about your activities on our site and other non-personally identifiable information about you may be used to limit the online ads you view to those we consider to match your interests.
7. Legal Process. We may share personal information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
American United Health will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Where appropriate, American United Health will take reasonable measures to inform children NOT to submit such information to our site or in response to advertisements on our site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the American United Health website, we will erase the information from our records.
If a child under thirteen has been able to provide us with such information, the child's parent or legal guardian should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if he or she would like this information removed from our database.
1. You automatically sign up for free American United Health e-mail updates when you apply for a American United Health card or register to use the American United Health Web site. You have the option to opt out of receiving these updates as well. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every email sent to you by American United Health and will provide you with the means to opt out of further free American United Health email.
2. American United Health gives you the option to remove all your information, at any time, from our database. If you no longer want to receive direct contact from American United Health, or you want us to remove your information from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
The conditions above will not apply in the event that you engage in certain improper conduct. Specifically, American United Health shall have the right to use or release to third parties personally identifiable information regarding users who use this or any other Internet site for any fraudulent purpose, or who otherwise violate any law, rule, or regulation, or who engage in conduct which American United Health deems improper.
American United Health uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to make sure your personal information in our possession is safe against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
1. American United Health uses encryption/security software to ensure the confidentiality of personal information it collects. This kind of software provides a limited degree of protection against unauthorized access or disclosure, as well as accidental loss, alteration, or destruction.
2. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Because of this, while American United Health works hard to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our sites or services, and you do so at your own risk. Our policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond our control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
3. Like most sites, communications to, from and through the American United Health Web site are not confidential, and your communications may be read or intercepted by others. We are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
American United Health wants you to understand what kind of information it collects, how it is used, and under what circumstances, if any, it (any portions of it) is disclosed. By using the American United Health site you consent to the collection and use of information by American United Health in the manner described and explained above.
Please note that if American United Health and/or any of its business are sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, the relevant customer database of American United Health could, in whole or in part, be sold or otherwise transferred to a third party as part of that transaction.
There may be instances when we may disclose your information without providing you with a choice in order to protect our legal rights or those of our affiliates, or those of our or our affiliates' employees, agents and contractors; to protect the safety and security of visitors to our websites; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we have facilities, and by providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.
California Law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to American United Health at:
American United Health
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, #190-633
Washington, DC 20004
and include your name and the address to which you would like American United Health to respond.